If you are like most farmers (at least in a region where winter is cold), you use the wintertime to order seeds, get your crop schedule in order, get your equipment repaired, your books done, and the next year's CSA memberships sold. You might attend some conferences and you also talk to your vendors.
But there is one very important thing missing from that list, that you should have as part of your winter to-dos for 2015: get up to snuff with online marketing!
Why you can no longer ignore digital / online marketing
Think about yourself. Do you pick up a newspaper and look for ads if you need a new pair of sneakers? Do you drive around to find a billboard to take your spouse out for dinner? What is your reaction if you get the third call during dinner from a telemarketer?
Even TV commercials are skipped by 86% of viewers, according to The Guardian.
Old school outbound marketing does not work as effectively anymore. Customers turn to search engines as a trusted advisor and ask friends and family on social media for recommendations. According to HubSpot, 78% of Internet users conduct product research online.
But there is a way how businesses today can reach their audience. But the ways people shop and make buying decisions has changed - and so do the rules of selling and marketing.
Modern marketing provides helpful information where consumers are looking for it and only the businesses who show up, will get the business.
Sounds expensive? Actually, you can do all of it yourself and even if you hire an Inbound Marketing agency, it is highly measurable. Studies have shown that Inbound Marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional, outbound marketing. (Source: State of the Inbound Marketing Report 2014)
That is why we offer a free email marketing course for you to learn the basics and get started!
Free Resource: Inbound Marketing Course for Farmers & Other Businesses
This course is comprised of eight emails over the next month. It is designed to teach you why traditional marketing methods don't work the way they used and how to use digital marketing to your advantage.
The course can be used for all industries as it teaches the principles of Inbound Marketing in 8 lessons:
- Why direct mailings, newspaper ads, and billboards don't work anymore & what you can do about it.
- The new way to reach, convert and delight customers (we call it the "More Brains Than Money" approach to marketing).
- Building a strong foundation: How to set up your website as the hub of all your online marketing.
- How to attract strangers to your website the right way (hint: it's free).
- 95% of people coming to your website are not ready to buy yet. But that does not mean you should ignore them!
- How marketing automation and email marketing can help you nurture leads and manage CSA members.
- How to use social media to find new and delight old customers. The do's and don't.
- Measure, analyze and tweak: How to measure your return on investment.
What makes this course so helpful:
- Quick to read, informative and helpful email format
- Glean from years of marketing experience
- Chance to learn more on each subject with additional deep-dive material
- Practical worksheets and homework assignments to put into action what you learned
- Private Facebook group to connect to other group members
- Get individual feedback and answers to your questions from the instructor
Challenge For All Participants
This course would only be half as much fun (or useful for that matter) without a challenge at the end to see how many of you have put into practice what you learned!
We will look at each of your progress and the changes you are implementing. The top 3 will be featured in a blog post and the winner will receive a fully personalized 60 minutes consultation with us for free.